This policy applies to Parts in Motion and services utilised by third party organisations.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
In most instances cookies cannot be used without your consent. When you first enter our website, you’ll be shown a cookie notification banner. This notification banner provides you with the option to “Accept all Cookies” or “Reject Cookies”. When you click “Accept all Cookies”, we take that response as consent to non-essential cookies unless you have disabled them using your browser settings. The terms essential and non-essential cookies are explained in the section below.
We use essential cookies to deliver and maintain online services, including providing basic website functionality, remembering your basket contents, facilitating transactions and payments, fraud prevention, and maintaining and securing our website. Essential cookies used for these purposes are automatically set up for all users as soon as they enter our websites. If you wish to use our site you cannot opt out of essential cookies as they are required for website functionality.
We use non-essential cookies to improve the quality of our existing services and develop new ones and certain website features such as widgets or embedded media files.
These special features are not essential to the operation of the website but are intended to enhance the user experience. Cookies also provide information to help us develop new website features. Non-essential cookies will enable Parts in Motion to meet its contractual obligations to make payments to third parties when a product is purchased by someone who has visited our website from a site operated by those parties.
Retention of cookies on your device(s)
WHAT IF YOU DO NOT CONSENT TO NON-ESSENTIAL COOKIES?
You can proceed to browse our website and complete transactions without consenting to allow cookies, but if you do this some website functions may be impaired.
Note - You can amend your cookie consent preferences at any time by clicking the 'Manage Cookies' link in the footer of any page of our website.
WHAT COOKIES DO WE USE?
These cookies are deemed essential and, as set out above, will be deployed to all browsers (unless they are disabled in the browser settings). There are two categories of essential cookies which are set out below.
1 - Cookies used for various functions that allow the website to operate, including:
- Basket persistence and contents
- User identification, unique session identification to facilitate flow of data between browser and server
- Order tracking
- Retaining the data in forms or online chats
- Facilitating VRM lookup
- Facilitating payments
- Managing your consent for example in the deployment of cookies
2 - Cookies that are used for prevention of fraud and information security operations including:
- User authentication
- BOT attack prevention
On occasions these cookies are shared with third parties to provide these services.
Functional cookies make your shopping experience better enabling basic features such as determining parts that fit your specific vehicle. Switching off these cookies will result in some website functionality not working properly. These cookies are used for different functions to improve your browsing and shopping experience such as:
- Allowing non-essential widgets to function
- Retaining the data in forms or online chats
In some cases, these cookies are shared with third parties to deliver these services. Such third parties include:
- Online application and widget providers
- Feedback and survey tool providers
These cookies also are used to help us understand how users interact with our website, products and/or services on an individual basis, so that we can better understand their needs.
They are used for a variety of functions to tailor our website to your preferences and interests, including:
- Visitor identification
- Targeted marketing based on preferences or location, targeted information based on location or preferences
- Advertising and marketing
- Collect information from you on your devices to display marketing
- Measure the performance of advertisements
- Coordinate marketing campaigns across users' devices
- Share information gathered with other advertisers
- Build user profiles
- To support advert targeting on other vendors' websites
These cookies in some cases are shared with third parties to deliver these services. Such third parties include:
- Third Party Marketers and Affiliate Marketing Partners
- Social Media Advertising Platforms
- Customer Data Platforms which blend online and offline information for use by third party advertising partners.